Friday, March 4, 2011

It's a brand new morning!

And a lot of things happened last night after I posted.

For one thing, the State Report the eldest child was working on is finished -and submitted.  The scepter which has been hanging over our heads since September is done and out the door.  Thank the good Lord and a hot glue gun.

Secondly, I did the good mom thing and made homemade spaghetti and meatballs FROM SCRATCH for the rugrats and hubby for dinner -and it was so yummy!  So in exchange, he cleaned up and I got to finish my book....literally just in time for book club, which was my other reward last night.

I like having a reward that makes me feel smart.  We were reading THE BOOK THIEF this month and due to the kabillion things on my plate, I was not getting the reading done.  I haven't even been reading the paper!  But I got it finished just in time....  but that is not what made it a reward.

Yesterday I posted about how...UGH I felt.  When one of my fellow book fans walked in she said, "I read your blog.  My first thought was you needed a hug."  Yeah, probably very true... so after discussing this very intense book about words (read it -you will understand) and having a great snack, we are getting ready to leave -she hugged me.  Not one of those polite, aren't I nice hugs...a nice, firm, compassionate hug.  And even now I am tearing up thinking how special that made me feel and how I know that just for a minute, she saw my heart and shared hers.  And since I know she reads my blog (*big smile here*) - I want her to know that she should be one of the ones who sits up -because her soul is very light...  I am eternally grateful for the extension of friendship at an otherwise weak moment....

So we hauled in the state report, there is laundry in the machine, the dishwasher running, I got a sensibility reboot and it's now Friday -a busy weekend but still Friday...  I woke up another day and am off to begin another book with book club.  Ironically, CIRCLE OF FRIENDS.

Nice how a new day can give you a new perspective....

1 comment: